Mercy Home Orphanage was opened on the 24th of November 2001 and became fully operational April 2004. The goals and objectives of Mercy Home are as follows:
- provide a home for orphans and abandoned babies
- counsel and offer free delivery ante natal and post natal services for young girls and unwed mothers
- empower young girls and unwed mothers with skill acquisition such as sewing, knitting, computer literacy and the like
- provide inexpensive and free medical services for the communities
- providing education to Orphans
Mercy Home by December of 2005 has had over 1700 babies born at the Clinic, Immunization has been carried out for over 750 babies. Orphanage home has catered for 50 orphans and 48 presently live at the home.
Mercy Home Skill Acquisition has trained over one thousand persons since 2009. The goal is to empower the less privileged especially women who are the bread winners in most communities. To this end, skills such as sewing, knitting, weaving, baking, beads making, hair dressing, adult literacy, computer literacy and tiles making have been learnt by men and women. Many have become gainfully employed.
Mercy Home is a community outreach of Restoration Bible Church the church finances the day to day running of the home. We are particularly grateful to friends and partners who have supported the home from time to time.
Mercy Home’s three departments are managed by a 21 man member salaried staff for her day to day running.
Pray about becoming a partner with Mercy Home today.
Mercy Home Orphanage is ministering in the midst if great needs which are peculiar in developing countries. Life expectancies are low, orphans are many, and medicines and medical care are often scarce with many children facing a bleak future.
Throughout the world we have seen how you can significantly change the lives of orphans who are struggling through the funds you give. Mercy Home connects you, our Partners, with compelling projects and opportunities to make a difference in these children’s lives.
- The Antenatal Clinic: The antenatal clinic is conducted for pregnant women at the Mercy Home Clinic, with an Ultrasound unit inclusive
- Mercy Home Orphanage: In April 2004, the first orphan baby, was welcomed to his new home. Another baby, Mark, was brought in on 11th August.
- Women Vocational Centre: Adults with special needs are given training in different vocations in order to empower them with certain specific skills. The acquisition of these skills would later lead to employment and economic independence. The people who come to this unit learn various skills like carpentry, tailoring and embroidery, arts & crafts and block printing of fabrics.
Mercy Home is working to meet a critical need through providing homes with love, mentoring, and important education for these young people at a time in their life when many are lost
The challenges the church and country face are in the areas of funding for the school age orphans, medical supplies at the clinic, completing the Mercy Home Nursery/Primary School. gifts in cash and kind have been a great blessing. If you do wish to donate towards this cause, please make cheques payable to ‘Restoration Ministries’, with the word ‘Orphanage’ on the reverse, and send them to us at the address below.
There are also opportunities for churches to send teams to assist in construction and development
Mercy Home Orphanage First Bank of Nigeria Plc Acc. No: 2122030004251
Domiciliary Acc No: 2122900729147
Mercy Home Orphanage
12-14 Kagoro Close
Ungwan Romi, Kaduna
P.O. Box 1485